(and i'm hungry too)

Friday, May 14, 2010

it's been some time since i posted here, and i've been delaying cos i vowed to write something intelligent/thought provoking/inspiring for my next post, since my past few posts have been airy fairy, happily being a blissful, worryless (or so it seems) girl who suddenly has things falling in place for her and actually going right. (i realise i just typed a really long sentence, a shadow of my chonghei self that is resurfacing through my words.)

if you ask me how life has been so far, i'd say that it has been pretty good, though there are days of struggle over some issues related to what i will just call the motherhouse topic. I will not elaborate further but i will let you know that it hasn't been easy. But i am confident that God will see us through anything and everything, and i just pray for His guidance and wisdom in handling the issues that come our way.

I will be starting work on the 24th, back at syog actually, till the end of august. I will be back being an intern, and will be working with janet jie jie mostly. What i'm thankful for is that although i will be getting intern-pay, there is a slight increase of 150 bucks from what i got last time, which will appease my mother some. Thank God. I am waiting with anticipation, yet am slightly uncertain about what it's going to be like back in office. The people are still the same, of course, but i'm just wondering what the dynamics will be like this time around. I look forward to seeing the people i worked with again, of course. But i know i need to be more serious and on-task, since it's the all-important Games isn't it. I will need to stop my current state of driftiness, stone-ni-ness and distractedness. Truth be told, right now, i'm just floating around. But i promise to be focused when i'm back at work. I will make a comeback!! Muahaha.

As for now, i have another week of rest, or 'purposeful living', as i had posited. I will read all the books i have borrowed from friends, christian books at least, and spend more time with God (talking to Him!) and family and friends and 'loved one'. My dad had actually said that after syog, i can have a few months more break and start work proper only next year. I contemplated that for awhile, then decided i probably can't, since i get restless and aimless easily. And it dawned on me just a while ago that i wanted (a few months back) to start work quickly so that i can be treated as an adult by my mother, and if you knew how things work here you'd realise how important it is.

That's why, as much as i don't want to grow up, i think i need to, and as fast as i can, too.

Time to pray for job-hunting season! :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home